This short interactive online session will increase your knowledge and confidence about cancer and cancer screening, and the important role that workplaces have.
We will start by getting a common understanding about what cancer is, and the local picture in Greater Manchester. We will discuss some of the most popular myths surrounding cancer and replace them with facts, especially the importance of early detection and cancer screening. Finally, we will explore some creative (and fun) ways to start conversations and raise awareness across your workplaces. You will be shown useful resources to adapt or use, and given easy to remember ‘key messages’ to share with families, friends, clients and customers.
The course will run for 1¼ hours (75 minutes).
Your facilitator will be Adrian Smith, an experienced trainer and cancer community activist. Adrian works with Answer Cancer, the Greater Manchester Cancer Screening Engagement Programme.
By the end of the session learners will:
- Understand the importance of screening uptake and early detection
- Have a greater understanding of common facts & myths surrounding cancer
- Learn ‘key messages’ to share with others
- Have tried out different ways to talk about cancer
- Know where to find credible sources of information to pass on, including tools and resources to help
You will need to register in advance for this meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.