We do this by
- 01 Distributing grants to help groups run activities and increasing their knowledge and skills
- 02 Delivering cancer screening awareness sessions to those communities who are less likely to take up screening based on research and local evidence
- 03 Building a social movement of Cancer Champions, producing newsletters, holding networking events and sharing success stories
- 04 Providing training which helps individuals, group or organisations to share messages about cancer within their community.
Ensure Stakeholder Engagement by holding regular meetings, events and distributing ebulletins and other communications
- 06 Asking employers to pledge to allow their staff time off or flexible working to attend cancer screening under the Bee Seen, Get Screened campaign.
This initiative is a partnership of four VCSE organisations with over 100 years’ experience of supporting people across Greater Manchester:
- Salford CVS (on behalf of 10GM, a joint venture to support the VCSE sector in Greater Manchester);
- Voluntary Sector North West;
- BHA for Equality in Health and Social Care;
- Unique Improvements social enterprise.
You can read more about the successful delivery of our project in the following documents:
- 2020/21 (Year 2) Evaluation Summary
- Mid-Year 3 Summary
- Year 4, Quarter 1: Key Highlights for the Quarter