Following on from the successful 2-part ‘Cancer Pathway training for Carers’, we have developed a summarised version of the session.
Now, find out everything you always needed to know about the different parts of a person’s cancer journey.
This course is designed specifically to help people who are providing support to others affected by cancer. Led by an experienced facilitator, it will explain the cancer experience and provide ‘tips’ for support, help and information.
What are the learning objectives for this session?
- Cancer professionals – who are they and how they can help you.
- What to expect from the first appointment, and future appointments with the clinical team
- Understanding the impact of Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy and other forms of cancer treatment.
- Support for carers, families, and friends of people affected by cancer
- Complimentary Therapies: What are they and are they for me?
- Coping with bereavement and loss
- Living with and Beyond Cancer: The Carers perspective
This will be a 2 hour session. This session is open to anyone living within the Greater Manchester area with an interest in promoting positive cancer awareness messages to family/friends/work colleagues or anyone else within your local community.
You need to register in advance for this session. Click here register.