24.5 hrs per week
Salary: £19,427 pro rata plus benefits
Based within Unique Improvements, the Training and Development Worker is an exciting and rewarding role that will lead on coordinating training delivery, and the development of the training framework for Answer Cancer, the Greater Manchester Cancer Screening Engagement Programme. You will deliver training to a range of stakeholders. You will provide overall training coordination and support across the different Answer Cancer workstreams and support capacity and capability amongst other staff and stakeholders (especially Answer Cancer Champions) to take part in the Programme and to deliver local training. This Job Description outlines the expected work priorities and responsibilities. Supervision and peer support will be available to assist the successful candidate to fulfil this role.
- As Training and Development Worker, you will work with Voluntary Community and Social Enterprises (VCSE) across Greater Manchester to develop and deliver a range of training and support offers, to raise awareness of cancer screening programmes and increase uptake. You will co-produce your work with VCSE stakeholders and Answer Cancer Champions.
- You will deliver training as well as liaising with other training providers to ensure that there is a range of training offers for local VCSEs, Answer Cancer Champions and other stakeholders.
- The training offer is provided online and face-to-face.
- You will support other partners in Answer Cancer to maximise training opportunities (for example, the Answer Cancer Champion workstream, the the Grants Workstream)
- You will support the development of training and support resources, including online resources and toolkits that will enable train the trainer approaches
- You do not need to be an ‘expert’ around cancer screening as full training will be given, although knowledge and experience is a definite advantage. More important is your general training and facilitation skills, your creativity and your ability to provide leadership and support to VCSEs.
- Record and report back on identified Key Performance Indicators to demonstrate successful work and to co-produce a full series of training metrics with other stakeholders
- Liaise with other training providers to ensure best practice is shared within and from the Programme
- You will also support other Programme wide activity such as supporting the promotion of the Grants Scheme and Answer Cancer Champion recruitment and activity
The post holder will need to be creative, innovative and flexible. You will work occasional evenings and weekends.